2019年6月18日星期二

butcher paper keeps brisket moist to finish off smoking

I bought this butcher paper to use when smoking meats and used it on Christmas Day. I smoked a brisket with perfect results. The paper allows the meat to retain juices but not get soggy. I use multiple smokers, but more recently the Pellet Smoker like a Traeger. With a Brisket in Texas, I like to get to the stall, that’s enough smoke and bark, then I wrap in Paper (just like Franklin’s BBQ). Brisket is wide, so word to the wise, you need two pieces the same length, so it’s wide enough. Wrap and put back on the smoker and get to 200-204 degrees. I like it better than the “Texas Crutch” foil wrap, it tends to soften the outside bark, this paper doesn’t do that. We made a brisket and it came out great. We could not find uncoated butcher paper where we live. So this worked great.

The butcher paper is perfect option for gift wrapping as well. I love this product and will purchase it again and again. As expected. What to say about brown butcher paper. Kept brisket moist to finish off smoking with out during our meat. I briefly smoked a ham using this paper it seemed to flavor the meat better than alum foil. I have read great reviews on using this paper over alum. I am going to smoke a brisket here in the coming weeks . ill update then. Product was delivered quickly and is as stated. Cooked a 17 lb Prime Rib for Christmas in my smoke using this at mid point and kept juices in yet allowed meat to come out perfect. Recipe book which came with purchase was an added bonus and not expected. I'm pretty sure heavy duty foil is a thing of the past for grilling. Made 3 racks of St. L ribs for the family and wrapped one in the paper and 2 in foil for a trial run. Preferred the paper, so it will now become part of the process!

I have been BBQ'ing the last 10 years. Never used butcher paper before. Used it for the first time on brisket. Results where great - bark, smoke ring, moisture. Just be sure not to over wrap. Don't want to steam (typical). Typically twice around will work. Works perfectly and received an excellent addition in an Email BBQ book. Highly recommend! Good stuff for BBQ. Plastic bag it comes in is nice for home storage, keeping clean. It came right on time. This is not an easy product for us to find where we live. Used it for wrapping a brisket on the smoker. Worked great.

This is the first time I used butcher paper over foil when smoking brisket. The paper was sturdy and definitely worked as I hoped it would; as the Texas crutch. Nice size butcher paper roll. Use this paper when grilling and it works really well. Doesn’t burn. And the service was great. Arrived quickly and well packaged. 

没有评论:

发表评论